The media reports that I’ve seen on Senator Nancy Ruth’s use of profanity over her “helpful” advice to pro-abortion advocates have at least mentioned that Ruth was a Senate appointment by Liberal PM Paul Martin.
Jane Taber of the Globe and Mail doesn’t bother letting her readers in on that important bit of context on her blog though. That would just get in the way of Taber pushing the Liberal’s fund-raising letter released by Adam Smith, director of the National Liberal Fund:
“So this is how the Conservative government treats those who work with women and children in some of the world’s poorest nations?”
“The men and women who were insulted and threatened … have every right to be deeply concerned about this government’s backwards approach to maternal health, which departs from over twenty years of established Canadian policy supporting women’s rights to access safe, legal abortion and the full range of family planning services.”
Iffy sure shows us with this that he is “the Uniter” huh?
FYI the pic of Ruth above comes from her official senate website along with this description:
“Apart from being an appointed Senator, I take on a lot of other fun, interesting positions.
Did you know that…
- I’m a United Church Minister by training!
- I’m an activist! I’m an outspoken critic of poverty.
- I’m a defender of peace, women’s and girl’s rights, water and the environment!
- I’m an advocate of Canada’s constitutional equality rights in public policy and institutions!
- I’m a supporter of organizations devoted to civil, legal, economic, political and cultural rights for women and girls in all their diversity, and…
- I am a woman who loves to dance, go to the theatre, kayak, and clown around!”