The picture of then Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff smiling beside the trigger-man of the assassination attempt on a Punjabi cabinet minister while he was here in Canada has left a lot of unanswered questions for the Liberal Party:
– Who invited this notorious criminal to the Liberal reception? How is it possible for an attempted-murderer to get on the guest list?
– Atwal was charged in the pipe beating of Dosanjh in 1985. Did MP Ujjal Dosanjh know about Atwal attending this Vancouver area event?
– As the inviter of Atwal to the BC Liberal budget speech, BC Liberal director Tariq Ghuman resigned yesterday but why has he been allowed to keep his presidency of the federal Liberal Party riding association Surrey North?
– It’s come out that Atwal was a BC Liberal Party member in 2010. Did he and does he still have a Liberal Party of Canada membership?
– Reports are that Atwal was a big player in Christy Clark’s leadership campaign. How active was Atwal in the federal Liberals as Clark’s then husband Mark Marissen was a major organizer and co-chair of their national election campaign?
The biggest question though is if the Ottawa Press Gallery will do what 99% of the BC media have done so far and look the other way?
Update: A Radio India host says Atwal was spotted at numerous Christy Clark leadership events (see here)
Update: A public challenge has been issued with stunning allegations connecting Clark to Atwal by story-breaking blogger (see here)