I have filed an official complaint with the BC Law Society against Geoffrey Cowper who was appointed chair of the Justice Reform Initiative by Christy Clark on the grounds of a conflict of interest based on these points:
– Fasken Martineau donated $10K to Clark’s leadership campaign.
– Cowper is listed as “Principal Officer 2” on the Elections BC file.
– Fasken Martineau is also a large donor to the BC Liberal Party (see here)
– Christy Clark hired Doug Keefe from Nova Scotia for the riot review. Why couldn’t she go out of province for a lawyer to look at B.C. justice?
– B.C. police & judges can’t seriously take any report from Cowper, a B.C. lawyer studying B.C. justice system