Global News hides fact gay couple attackers were Moroccan immigrants

A red flag went up as soon as I noticed Global News National Online Journalist Jesse Ferreras didn’t include a description of the people who attacked a Dutch gay couple besides saying this:

The couple soon found themselves attacked by a group of six to eight teens. (see here)

After pointing it out on Twitter, it took about 3 minutes before someone sent me this quote from the Telegraph:

“And then suddenly there was a group of six to eight Moroccan youths. Before I knew it I was on the ground fighting with three men on top of me.” (see here)

I asked Ferreras if he’d like to explain how he missed the description of the attackers but so far he refuses to respond which is not surprising in the least.

It’s more important for Media Party members like Ferreras to protect violent immigrants than protect the gay community.

 

Advertisements
Posted in Uncategorized. Comments Off on Global News hides fact gay couple attackers were Moroccan immigrants

CTV runs segment questioning Jason Kenney’s sexuality, why never Naheed Nenshi’s?

After singer KD Lang tried to ‘out’ PC leader Jason Kenney on Twitter:

CTV Calgary thought it to be in the public interest enough to run a segment:

Kenney is unmarried and rumours about his sexuality have swirled around for some time now. This is being used by CTV and Lang as a political attack as the Left believes us Conservatives would somehow be outraged to know the politicians we support are gay. It’s laughable but that’s how they think and which then brings me to Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi.

Nenshi is also unmarried and rumours about his sexuality have also been swirling around political circles yet the media have never reported on them for some reason.

Maybe because the Media Party knows that if their favourite Muslim mayor was outed, his supporters may actually be the ones outraged?

 

Trudeau appearance at Juno Awards leads into statutory rape joke

Liberal PM Justin Trudeau never misses an opportunity to put himself squarely in the limelight but his latest narcissistic appearance at this year’s Juno Awards has now associated him with a sick joke about having sex with young girls:

Bryan Adams and comedian Russell Peters kicked off the Juno Awards on Sunday night with a little help from Justin Trudeau.

The show opened with a skit set backstage and Peters being waved into Adams’s green room. An incredulous Peters is told Adams is on the phone with the prime minister and the rock star exclaims: “I’m Bryan (expletive) Adams.”

The scene ended with Trudeau requesting that Adams play “Summer of ’69” on the show.

“I love that song,” the prime minister proclaimed.

Peters followed with a somewhat off-colour opening monologue in which he proclaimed the audience of young girls was a “felony waiting to happen,” (see here)

Keep in mind that Trudeau is a self-declared feminist so there should be no doubt that the media will be asking him about Peters’ joke and whether statutory rape is funny, right?

 

Update: Trudeau was sitting with his wife and young daughter when Peters made his joke

Update: Liberal heritage minister condemns Peters:

Comments made by comedian Russell Peters while hosting the Junos on Sunday night are not welcome by Heritage Minister Melanie Joly.

Peters, who hosted the music awards ceremony in Ottawa along with musician Bryan Adams, called the minister “hot” before introducing her on stage.

He also commented on the number of young women in the audience, suggesting it was a “felony waiting to happen.”

Joly says Peters’ comments were clearly inappropriate, adding this type of humour does not have a place at the Junos. (see here)

My complaint to the CBC Ombudsman on omission of Scott Gilmore’s conflict of interest

 

Esther Enkin, CBC Ombudsman

As the nation’s public broadcaster, the CBC has an obligation to inform their readers, viewers and listeners of any conflicts of interests of guests they interview and in the case of not disclosing the spousal relationship of Scott Gilmore who appeared on The Current hosted by Laura Lynch Mar 31, 2017 in a segment titled “It’s time for red and blue Tories to part ways, says Conservative Party member” the CBC failed their own journalistic standards.

Not once in the entire segment was it mentioned Gilmore is married to Liberal cabinet minister Catherine Mckenna, not even when the host Laura Lynch summed up the guests’ bios:  “Scott Gilmore is a national columnist at Maclean’s magazine, a contributor to the Boston Globe and a conservative party member. He’s in Ottawa.”

It’s not possible for everyone involved in this CBC radio show to have been unaware of his blatant conflict of interest and it’s reasonable to conclude this information was intentionally hidden by the host and producers in order to aid his attack on the Conservative Party.

A public apology and correction must be issued by the CBC, the show’s producers and host explain their roles in hiding Gilmore’s conflict of interest and the CBC must clarify to all employees that this type of unethical journalism will not be tolerated.

Regards
Dean Skoreyko

CBC refuses to discipline columnist who said he would “Piss on the walls” of Trump Tower

khanlari-jpg1

khanlari

Below is my response to Jack Nagler, Director Journalistic Public Accountability and Engagement at CBC News:

I would like to request further information to better understand some of the nuances of the “strict requirements” the CBC uses when determining the appropriateness of CBC Opinion contributors. Specifically, I would like to know if it is CBC policy to ever consider a contributor’s social media conduct when making such an assessment.

Regards
Dean Skoreyko

Below is the response I received from the CBC in regard to my complaint filed (see here) with the CBC Ombudsman:

Dear Dean Skoreyko:

This is in response to your email of January 19 addressed to CBC’s Ombudsman.

You wrote to draw our attention to a tweet from Sam Khanlari, who you described as a “CBC columnist”. In the tweet (which has now been removed) you wrote that he suggests he might “piss on the walls” of a Trump Tower hotel room and “smoke weed”. The tweet is in “enormously bad taste”, you wrote, and “undermined” his credibility as a political commentator. You suggested CBC has an obligation to “screen” its contributors

Let me emphasize that Mr. Khanlari is a freelance writer. He is not a regular CBC employee. He is not a CBC News journalist. He is a self-employed, Toronto-based writer and editor with Muftah, an online publication specializing in articles about the Middle East, who has also contributed articles to the Toronto Star, VICE and The Islamic Monthly.

A student of Middle Eastern politics, Mr. Khanlari proposed that he write an opinion column about Iran. We agreed. That column appeared on January 15 on the CBCNews.ca Opinion page under the heading, “Now more than ever, Canada must join the chorus of support for the Iran nuclear deal”.  This is the only opinion piece by Mr. Khanlari that CBC has published.

Mr. Khanlari’s is one of many points of view published on CBC’s new online Opinion page. All commentaries are reviewed by CBC’s editorial staff to ensure that in their breadth and totality they meet the strict requirements set out in CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices. You can find more information about the Opinion page here http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-faq-1.3834532.

However, Mr. Khanlari alone is responsible for the contents of his tweets and any other social media messages he posts.

Sincerely,

Jack Nagler
Director
Journalistic Public Accountability and Engagement
CBC News

 

%d bloggers like this: